Sunday, September 27, 2015

Busy, Busy Week!

I am so grateful for all the good missionaries that we work with in the office, and the APs, and the Packs.  It has certainly been a combined effort by all of us as we have worked through this week to be ready for the upcoming transfers.  I have always said that many hands make light work.  I know that in this case, it takes many hands, and brains to accomplish all that we have had to do to be ready for the 42 missionaries that will be joining us next week.  

On Monday, our Preparation Day, I had the hermanas over for lunch.  We had chicken salad, crescent rolls, and salad.  I have been so busy lately that I have not been able to spend much time with them. We had a great afternoon, just eating and visiting.  I love these girls.  


While we were eating delicious banana splits, we watched one of my favorite conference talks, that talks about Jim Drinkwater, a small crippled man who became an instrument in God's hands.  This talk and this phrase have continued to be in my mind and heart throughout my mission.  I pray to be like Jim Drinkwater.  You can watch his talk here.

We worked busily in the office all week getting ready for next weeks transfers.  Lots of long hours.

I did take a break to teach with Hermana West and Hermana Harper, but I only got a photo of Hermana Figueiredo and Hermana Olsen.

Thursday morning we attended the 8:00 a.m. session at the temple with our zone.  What a blessing it was to be in the temple with all of these wonderful missionaries! It was a real privilege for us.  We had to leave as soon as the session was over, but I was glad to get this photo of our four hermanas.   


I knew that there was no way I could feed the missionaries on Sunday, so I had them over on Friday. We had Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Burritos, Texas Caviar, Red Pepper Rice, and Chocolate Lush. Yummy!

We welcomed in a new Assistant to the President (AP).)  Elder Koeven will be taking Elder Schwanke's place.  He will be a great addition to our group.


I actually caught these two smiling!

We have been having choir practice before and after church.  The bishop asked me to direct a ward choir for Stake Conference.  Our talent is a little lacking, but we have willing people.  We will pray for the angels to attend us.

 Caroline Pack and Tomo Verbuken

Bayley Woodbury is the niece of Hermana Hunt who was serving in the North.  She is here as a nanny until December.  She is going to start attending our ward.  We had talked on the phone a few times, but it was fun to meet her today.


One last photo with Elder Schwanke before he heads North for his last six weeks!  
We will certainly miss him!

Sunday night we picked up the Hermanas  Hermana Clements flew in from the islands.  She goes home on Tuesday.  She had attended a family night with Hermana Figueiredo and Hermana Olsen.  It was so fun to visit with her.  What a good missionary she is!  We will miss her as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment