Sunday, January 10, 2016

Christmas 2015

I am so very thankful for my family.  Because my daughter, Cascia, was having her fourth baby, President Pack allowed me to go home to help her.  I flew home on December 15th and flew back to Spain on January 6th.  The only thing that could have made the visit better, would have been to have Elder Larsen with me.  He had to stay in Spain to keep the office running.  It was our first Christmas apart, after 35 years of marriage.

This is the newest addition to our family, Canon Parker Lutes, who was born on December 22.  He is a precious baby boy and we are so blessed to have him join our family.


I want to share in pictures some of the wonderful times we had together over the holidays.

We enjoyed a delicious meal at my favorite Mexican food restaurant, Los Cucos.  And I still love that green salsa.


I got home on Tuesday night, and we surprised Cascia with a baby shower on Thursday night.
Thanks to everyone for a wonderful evening!




Friday night, I was able to go with these two wonderful boys, Cooper and Sawyer, and their mother to see a BYU basketball game.  I love our seats and look forward to using them all season next year. 

I was so glad to have a chance to visit with (Hermana) Kristin Trone.  We talked non-stop for two hours, and didn't even come close to catching up.  I just love this girl!

Monday night, Sawyer, Cooper, and Sophie came for our first sleep-over.  Cascia was scheduled to be induced on Tuesday morning, but as it turned out, she went into labor on her own and had Canon on Tuesday morning.  Tuesday afternoon we were able to go up and visit this little one.  There is nothing as precious as a newborn baby.







 We most definitely had White Christmas this year!

The grandkids enjoyed their presents from Spain! The cutest Señoritas!



 I was so glad that my mom was able to join us for Christmas!



I just love these people.


This is little Gracie, who was born in October.  So glad I was able to spend some time with her.
She is such a little cutie!

I also was able to spend time getting to know Avery who was only a few months old when we left for our mission.  Sure do love this busy, little girl.  



We had fun with our 2nd Annual White Elephant Gift Exchange.  Chad thought that his teenage dream of a giant candy bar had finally come true, but Cale ended up with the massive amount of chocolate.  And I am the keeper of the white elephant for the coming year, for giving the most coveted gift.



The grandkids enjoyed a couple of trips to the Curiosity Museum.


And I was there for my baby boy's birthday!  Happy 24th to Colby!

We also had another wonderful event during the holidays, in our extended family. My sweet niece, Chelsea Hendrickson, gave birth on December 21st, just hours before Canon was born.  Bodie weighed 3 lbs. 9 oz, and Harper weighed 4 lbs. 15 oz. How grateful we are that they are both strong and healthy and they were able to go home from the hospital on Christmas Day!  They make Canon at 7 lbs 6 oz, look like a giant.  We are so excited to see these little cousins grow up together.



It was hard to say goodbye to these little cuties, but I will be back in 2 months.  
Nothing like the love of grandkids!


No comments:

Post a Comment